Monday, April 6, 2009

All Good Kitties Go to Heaven Too...

It’s hard to believe that it’s been 18 ½ years that we have had our Tigger at home now. I still remember the day that we brought him home. One of the Rasband girls was babysitting us, I think it was Jennie. Mom came through the door with this little tiny cat, that was so small you would think it was a rat more than a cat. I took him into my bedroom, and decided to name him Tigger, after my favorite Disney Character with stripes. I can't believe I still remember that sometimes, but my life changed forever the day we brought him home.


He was so sensitive to the emotional needs of our family. He could tell when anything was bothering anyone. He would just come into the room, give a gentle little meow, and come over to you when you were upset. He would let me just cry into his fur, and vent my frustrations to him over boys, arguments with my family, and just feeling left out during those crutial growing up years. He was the best listener, and the best pet a kid could ask for.


I put Tig through a lot when I was little, but he tolerated it, and always showed me love. I miss him so much already, and I will never replace him in my heart, because he is family. And thus ends my Ode to Tigger...





2 comments:

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Oh!! Tigger, I loved him too!! I can't believe you had him for 18 years! that is so great. I am so sorry for you, I am sure you miss him. =)

Warrlily said...

Oh Shay, how we all will miss the cat.. He really was part of the family we know. It was fun to see your Dad, mellow up to a cat in the house. I don't think he ever knew just how much that meant to Bev.. Now you have your own Kittie, we hope you have him for many years to come, for your children to cuddle with..
Love Grandma Bell