Monday, August 3, 2009

UPDATE!!!!

So, it's been a while since I have posted, so I thought I should update!


Work is still going good for Caleb and I. We are doing well, and are finally catching up with everything and feeling like we don't have to stress about money like we used to. We still stress about it, but not nearly as much.


Over the weekend of the 24th, I went to Kuna, ID for Rendi's baby shower. It was so relaxing for me! Lots of riding in the car with my parents, lots of family, and some games. We found out the Krystal doesn't like Trivial Pursuit. The baby shower was great, and Caleb and I are so excited for Alan, Rendi, and the boys to welcome "Yoda" into their family. I also got to finish Austenlad. GREAT BOOK!!! It's a short read, (only about 200 pages) and it keeps your interest.

Saturday was my birthday, and we had a great day. We went to Iggy's for lunch with my parents, because they give you an ice cream sunday without singing to you. :) After that we went and saw the new Harry Potter movie, and it was good. I was disappointed in certain things, but all in all, still a great movie, and will be in our collection.

After that, we went home, and got some food ready to bbq. We had a couple of my close friends over, and we had a great time. A few weren't able to make it, but I still love them!

I've come to realize that I'm not a huge fan of birthdays. When it comes to birthdays, you can be more easily let down by people. I had a great birthday, and I would never say anything different. I just think that will always be an excuse to get out of town now. :) We went out of town last year, and it was fun. I kind of wish we would have done that again this year. Oh well. There is always next year!

Hope you are all doing well!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Shala! Glad things are going well for you!

Carrie Mortimer said...

I love Iggy's and I'm a little jealous that you got to go. ;) Sorry I was sick, but I love you and I'm happy we are friends.

Rendi said...

You are so right on birthdays...sometimes our expectations get us in trouble! Glad everything is going well!