Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Job Change and Class

So, things weren't really working at Liberty for Caleb. He didn't like the hours, and the way the guy was running the company was really hard on Caleb. Frank at Sunroc called Caleb back, and he's going back to Sunroc tomorrow. He's pretty excited to be going back. It's steadier hours and the benefits kick in sooner.
Yesterday, I spent the day at a hands on cutting class with Phillip Wilson, the third best hairdresser in the world. It was phenomenal to be in the same room as him. This hands on class was wonderful, but extremely difficult at the same time. This man broke down every barrier that I was taught in school in a matter of hours. It was a very emotional day. At one point during the day, he came over by me, gave me a hug from behind and told me that I was an amazing hairdresser. On comes the waterworks! I should back up and explain a little more first. In the first two salons I was in, I didn't have people telling me I was a good stylist. It was the exact opposite. So finally being appreciated, especially by someone as world renound as him, made me feel that I'm really in the right profession. It was a phenomenal day. I will never look at hair the same.

2 comments:

Rendi said...

That's awesome when you are appreciated in your job- especially by someone who is respected in the industry. Good job! Hopefully Caleb will like his new/old job better.

Caleb and Shae said...

Caleb is already so much happier than he was at Liberty. He's back where he's comfortable, and knows how the company runs, and has a lot of people in the company that he gets along with. Plus, I really like the benefits! :D