Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Being Parents

Ok, so I have to say this before I continue. I know that Caleb and I aren't parents of a baby, but we still feel like parents to our little Jewel.
With that being said, this week has been very different. We really enjoy having our little girl with us, but she keeps us up late, is getting into everything, and is just a rambunxious little thing! She is a little cuddle bug though. She'll rest on my chest so she can hear my heartbeat and play with my hair. She is definately daddy's girl when it comes time for us to go to bed. She won't stay next to me. She deliberately goes onto his side of the bed and cuddles up to him, which I get a tad jealous of. She is already a little begger too! I made the mistake of giving her a tiny taste of milk like the second day we had her home, and now we have to shut her up in the bathroom when we eat or she will get all over in our food. She succeeded once, and that was enough. I just know even more now that we want some time before we have children. We are plenty young, and we won't have to worry about a time crunch.

3 comments:

Rendi said...

Our dogs were our kids for so long! It's hard not to get so connected to pets- we still miss the dogs after having them for 15 years. That being said, you have to be firm with that little kitty and let her know who is boss. Cats always deny the person who wants thee attention most. Isis snuggles me first and it is Alan who is begging for her. I love her, but he is so obsessed with her. Enjoy your kitty!

Kristin said...

Sadie was my kid for a while too! Animals can be your kids, too!! They are... a lot less demanding though ;) Your kitty is so danng cute! Too bad we are all deathly allergic to Cats :( I'm the least of everyone, so I can still come see your place but no one else :(

The Rocking Radmalls said...

I sort of had flashbacks just then to when I used to babysit you. You were such fun kids and all loved moochie goliath so much! Chad and I also took on a cat back before our kids. They aren't easy.