Thursday, August 21, 2008

All Good Dogs Go To Heaven...

Today, my parents had to put our Sanka down. We had him for 14 wonderful years, and he filled our life with so much fun and so much joy as kids. I still remember the day Tyler brought him home from the horse pasture. Our bunny Gandolf had died a day or two before, and we really wanted another pet. We had our Tigger, but it wasn't the same. We kept him in the yard until our parents got home. Sanka's big brown eyes won over mom, and we got to keep him...as long as we didn't name him Killer. :) He tore up the yard yes, but that doesn't change how much we loved him, or anything of the sort. I'll miss his cute face in the backyard when I go to visit.
Really, we know now that he doesn't hurt, so this is the best thing for him. I just can't wait to run into him in the after life, and run and play with him again, just like the day we brought him home.




Miss you already dear friend. I couldn't have asked for a better dog. And there ends my Ode to Sanka.


7 comments:

Bev said...

That was very sweet...thanks.

Krystal said...

Man... I'm tearing up! What a great post. Animals really do become a family member and it's so hard to see them go.

Darrell and Amanda said...

Shala!! I'm so glad I found your blog. I am so sorry about your dog. I know how that is.

Kristin said...

I'm sorry! I know how it goes. Its really sad, even if its better for him. That was a very beautiful post!

Amanda B. said...

Shala I am so sorry to hear about your dog. :( Your post is a beautiful tribute to him. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Rendi said...

Good old Sanka! Dang pets that have to die. I still miss Keisha and Grizz. We hesitate getting another dog because we still tear up when thinking about our doggies and Grizz has been gone for 2 1/2 years and Keisha a year.

Jen said...

Hey Shayla it's Jen (Jorgensen) cute blog.sorry about your family dog it's sad when you have had them for so long.