Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lay off and Jewel spayed.

So, It's been too long since I've posted. We've been a little crazy, so please forgive me. Well, 'tis the season of construction layoff. With the state of the economy, layoff came earlier for Caleb this year. Now we are on the job hunt for him again. We aren't picky about what he does for right now, we just need to be able to pay the bills. If anyone hears of anything in the area of Utah County, please let us know. The only thing I will say, is Caleb isn't terribly comfortable with computers. He's talked to several places each day, but no luck in this last week.

On to what happened yesterday. We took our little Jewel to get spayed. I hated leaving her at the vet. She had a look of terror when we left the room and she stayed, and then I heard her little tiny meow, and it took everything I had in me not to cry. When we picked her up, the second they brought her in the room, she came right to me, and wouldn't leave my side for most of the evening. She was so drugged up that she couldn't even walk straight. She's such a trooper though. She slept through most of the night, right in between Caleb and I, I think to make sure we weren't going to leave her again. But, I'm proud to say she is acting like herself this morning, and everything is back to normal.

Hope you are all doing well!

5 comments:

Triston said...

Jon is getting laid off as well so if I hear of anything I will let you know that stinks but it could be a blessing.

Krystal said...

What a bummer about his job. Job hunting is definitely not fun! Hopefully he's able to find something quickly. :)
You are so cute with your cat stories! It seriously reminds me of how it felt when Lincoln was 2 weeks old. Since he was so little when he was born, we had to take him in at 2 weeks to get him circumsized. I already felt bad about doing it and to make it worse I had to leave him in this room with the doctor and nurses. When they took me to see him after they finished, he was hysterical. It's so hard to watch someone you love in pain, animals included! Happy to hear she's back to normal... and good for you for taking her to get it done!

Titel Family said...

Good luck with the job hunt. I think life is getting hard for most right now. With the holidays coming hopefully he can at least find something seasonal and that will carry you through.

Rendi said...

Good to hear about Jewel, but not so good to hear about the job. Good luck in finding something to get through. I can't believe everyone that is losing jobs...I am so glad I didn't move to Vegas! Maybe something will come up so you can come for Thanksgiving- we will definitely be in Burley!

Amanda B. said...

I am so sorry that Caleb got laid off that STINKS!! Know your both in my prayers...