Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving and Twilight

So, I'm going to start with the less cheesy subject! Don't fall over in shock, but I made most of Thanksgiving dinner yesterday! I'm so proud of myself! I'm not the most amazing cook ever, but I did fairly well for myself! I even made the best pumpkin pie my husband has ever had. (At least that's what he told me. Who knows if that's really the truth...) But needless to say, I was exhausted after! It's really exhausting to do most of it on your own. I did have some guidance on how to do things from my mother in law, minus the pie. That was all grandma's guidance! Everything turned out great.
Ok, so I think this is fairly funny. We went to see Twilight last Saturday with our friends Carrie and Nate, and I liked it. It was enjoyable, but I wish they had a bigger budget, so that they could get the authors vision on certain things like the Cullens house. But the funniest thing was, CALEB LOVES IT!!! I had to drag him basically kicking and screaming to go see it, and he loved it so much, that on Wednesday night we had some cash, and he wanted to go and see it again! I didn't mind. I actually think I liked it a lot better the second time I saw it, because I wasn't being nit picky about the things from the book. Caleb hasn't read them, so he just loved the movie. I think my favorite people from the movie were Charlie (Bella's Dad) and Emmett (Edwards Vampire "Brother") They made me crack up! I thought they were perfectly cast.

3 comments:

Steve and Jamie said...

I'm thankful for Twilight too. I enjoyed the movie WAY more than I thought I would.

I'm impressed that you cooked Thanksgiving dinner. You are turning into a domestic goddess!

Caleb and Shae said...

Hey! I figured I'd better learn now, so that I have the skills when it's my turn to cook it!

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Way to go on cooking dinner! you are AWESOME! Man I still haven't see twilight yet! i really need to!! sounds like you both enjpyed it!!