Friday, May 23, 2008

What to do, what to do...

So, Caleb started with Liberty yesterday, and he's so happy. He loves it! But, he's having to leave between two and four in the morning on most days, and I have a hard time sleeping when there's no one there. Granted, I'm almost 23 and should be fine to sleep by myself in our place, but I know that our landlords are gone too...so that leaves this really big, nice house completely empty besides me in the middle of the night, and I don't do so well with that. I hear Caleb lock the door and everything when he leaves, but I still don't feel safe. I'm considering getting a pet so I'm not alone, and I have something to blame the noises in the house on so I feel safer. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Rendi said...

When Alan and I were first together, he used to leave at 4 in the morning and I would be a little leery. So, we had this really silly thing we would do... there was this little figurine and Alan would set it on the nightstand and tell it to watch over me. Silly, I know, but it seemed to work. Or, you could just get a dog. My fears went away when I had the dogs and Alan was gone. Food for thought...

Caleb and Shae said...

Thanks Rendi! I've seriously been considering getting a pet, not only for the loneliness and leeriness at night, but just because I've always had pets, and miss having one. The figurine thing makes sense though, because it gave you a sense of security. It doesn't matter if its silly.

Titel Family said...

I had to get use to sleeping alone too and it took a little while. As silly as it sounds I use to sleep with a big Mag-Light by the bed and I also take the phone to bed with me just in case. Sometimes I would listen to music to fall asleep or leave the hall light on too. I am pretty use to it now. In college I use to shut and lock my bedroom door. I am pretty good at freaking myself out too. Don't worry, it just takes some time getting use to and saying a few prayers some nights to calm yourself down when your mind starts playing tricks on you. It's just a matter of time and then you'll enjoy having the bed all to yourself!!